Are You Getting the Absolute Best Performance Out of Your Paid Search Campaigns?
Whether your goal is to drive more website traffic, more leads, or more product sales making sure that you’re getting the highest possible return on your ad spend is crucial for any business owner or Digital Marketing Director.
Making sure that your internal team, agency, or freelancer has your Google Ads and/or Microsoft Advertising (formerly Bing) ads setup to ensure the maximum performance possible is difficult because, well, you’re not an expert in paid search. How are you to know whether or not they’re doing as much as they can be doing?
We can help with that by provide a comprehensive and actionable SEM audit.
There are so many settings, best practices, and recommendations it’s difficult to keep them all straight. Worse than that, Google has been recommending things that are in THEIR best interests and not their CLIENTS.
Over the decades our team has learned what to do, what to avoid, and how to steer clear of poor recommendations that have been “best practices.”
SEM Audit Items
Here’s a sample of some settings we’ll review to make sure your Paid Search campaigns are running optimally:
- Who has access to your account?
- When your ads are running?
- Where (location) are your ads running?
- Where (websites) are your ads running?
- Where (networks) are your ads running?
- Where (location) are people when they click on your ads?
- What devices are people using when they click on your ads?
- Is auto-tagging turned on?
- Is call reporting turned on?
- Are your ads running on Tragedy & Conflict or sexually explicit websites?
- Are you allowing Google to change your bids when they see fit?
- Are conversions being tracked? Where are conversions being tracked from?
- Is Google deciding which of your ads get shown and when?
- Are you excluding undesirable demographics?
We’ll also review account and campaign setup, how often the campaigns are being optimized, and whether things are being managed to their fullest potential:
- Is the account structured optimally?
- Do the campaigns and ad groups make sense or are they confusing?
- Are the proper number of ads being used in each ad group?
- Are you using ad extensions?
- How often is the ad copy being refreshed?
- Which competitors are you competing against and how do you stack up?
- Are your ads getting the minimum click through rate?
- Do you have too many (or too few) keywords in your ad groups?
- Should you be using Shared Budgets?
- Are the search query reports being reviewed for negative keywords?
- How many negative keywords are being used (if any)?
- Are your remarketing audiences setup?
- Is your account linked properly with Google Analytics and Search Console?
- Is Your Microsoft Advertising Account linked with Your Google Ads account?
- Are your “Smart” campaigns underperforming?
- Do you have any scripts or rules running that are hurting performance?
- Is your reporting using the right kind of attribution?
With the Search platforms trying to get people to use their “AI” to optimize campaigns, it takes the control and the data out of advertiser’s hands. Knowing what isn’t working may be more important than knowing what is working (so you can stop doing it). And what’s worse is that there are people out there who claim to be “marketing experts” who have little to no experience beyond taking a course.
Our team members have decades (really) of experience in paid search. We’ve seen the industry change over that time and have learned the tips and tricks of the trade that newbies couldn’t possibly know. We weren’t trained by Google, but we know that bad practices they’ve been pawning off as “best practices” because it’s best for Google’s bottom line.
To have us perform an SEM Audit we’ll need a few things:
- Access to your Google Ads, Microsoft (Bing) Ads, Google Analytics, and Google Search Console accounts. We can request access or you can invite us.
- Some background on the account, the campaigns, and the main goal(s) of the campaigns
- Depending on the size and complexity of the account 2+ business days to complete the audit
What you’ll receive from us:
- A full report outlining the things you’re doing right and the things that can be improved
- Recommendations on how to improve things
- A competitive Analysis showing how you stack up against your competitors
- Gaps in your marketing where you’re not showing up but your competitors are
If you’re interested in having us perform an SEM Audit, please visit the Contact Us page or give us a call. We’re more than happy to help!