If you’re a business owner who has ever tried navigating the ever-evolving waters of marketing while also managing your day-to-day tasks, you’ve probably realized that it’s not always feasible to “do it all”.
The marketing industry is constantly developing, with new technological advancements and the myriad of sectors to have marketing expertise in. The progressive nature of marketing can make it difficult for business owners or executives to keep their competitive edge while simultaneously managing other business aspects. In fact, trying to manage a cutting edge marketing strategy alongside other priorities can cause diversions in focus and attention and lead to unnecessary amounts of time and money spent.
So how are you supposed to balance having killer marketing tactics amongst the huge responsibility of running a business?
This is where outsourced marketing comes to the rescue.
Outsourced marketing involves partnering with a marketing agency to take on your marketing strategy, tactics, and techniques so that you can prioritize your management focus on other important aspects of your business. An outsource marketing agency brings in experts with proficiencies in various marketing skill sets that you may not have the time or ability to learn and master. These agencies assess your needs and dedicate their efforts to aligning your marketing strategy execution to match your business goals.
Sounds perfect, right?
But maybe you’re wondering: Is outsourcing the right choice for me?
When it comes to marketing departments, larger corporations and businesses typically have the revenue to hire extensive in-house marketing teams consisting of experts in various fields. However, an independent or solo business owner with a small team or tighter budget may not find it practical to hire an in-house marketing team and will be limited to the skillsets of one or two marketing employees instead.
Hiring in-house marketing professionals comes with large overhead costs and limits the expertise available to you, meaning your business may not have as many needs met as you would with a marketing agency. For example, hiring in-house limits you to a certain number of people with finite capabilities while consulting a marketing agency gives you access to the specific services and expertise you need for your particular marketing goals.
For smaller business owners, outsourcing is an effective way to boost marketing goals to the next level without spending a fortune.
Let’s take a look at some of the benefits of working with an outsourced marketing agency:
1) It’s Cost Effective – First and foremost, it’s important to recognize the reality that marketing isn’t cheap. But competition in the digital world shows no sign of slowing down, creating and maintaining a strong marketing strategy is imperative for businesses to succeed in today’s market. As we discussed before, working with an outsourced marketing agency gives you more for your money than hiring in-house professionals.
An agency can provide the marketing services you need and build a marketing plan that fits in accordance to what you’re specifically looking for. This way, you don’t accrue costs for services you don’t need, only for those that you do. In the same vein, since your marketing needs can fluctuate based on your business goals and the timing of your campaign cycles, you can consult your outsourced marketing team more when you need them and less when you don’t.
2) Outsourcing produces consistent marketing – As business owners, one of the first things you need to know about marketing is that consistency is key. Consumers can sniff out when marketing campaigns have been put on the back burner or aren’t aligned with a company’s values, which can happen when a business loses focus. Thankfully, outsourced marketing agencies come in to understand your business goals and take on your marketing objectives. Furthermore, they are able to construct marketing campaigns and tactics that are going to be consistent with one another and with your other business channels.
3) You gain access to the experts – The right marketing agency consists of professionals who are well versed in today’s rapidly changing marketing best practices and who are specialists in their respective fields. Working with a marketing agency gives you access to experts in various services such as SEO and keyword strategy, PPC management, SEM, social media marketing, content creation and copywriting, web development, and more! While you may not have access to experts fluent in all of these fields before, these services become readily available to you when you outsource your marketing.
4) Fresh perspective – Marketing agencies not only have the capability to bring new vision to the table, but also to see your potential blindspots or areas of opportunity where your business can grow and improve. Consulting with an outsourced marketing agency may help you find and understand the weaknesses in your marketing strategies to work through in order to boost your company goals. It can be really helpful to get an outsider’s perspective on your internal business marketing operations.
5) Keep your competitive edge – Working with an outsourced marketing department means your business is in touch with the latest, cutting edge marketing tools that you may not have had within reach before. Partnering with marketing professionals who perform market research and deeply understand the digital marketing landscape to perform your marketing efforts gives you the competitive edge you need to stand out in the crowd of your company competitors. Additionally, partnering with an outsourced marketing agency reduces the burden of constantly staying on top of your game in order to make headway with your competitors, as they take care of that aspect with you.
If you’re a small business owner considering outsourcing, it’s time to get started and get in touch with an agency and talk through your business objectives! Outsourced marketing is not only efficient and helpful, but can boost your ROI metrics and ramp up your marketing targets and the results you see.
Start a conversation with us today to see how we can utilize our expertise to partner with you!